Mar 4, 2012

100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups - #32: Take a Leap of Faith



He sniffed the breeze. Warm and gentle, it would make no difference. He had dreaded this for months but knew he had to go through with it.

He stared at the white sand so very far away and whispered to himself “Jump! He will put his angels in charge of you” (Matthew 4:6)

Breathe, slow. Relax. Clear the mind. For God’s sake.

"Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven” (Luke 6:23)

The tannoy barked “And next in the Village Sports Fair we have the Long Jump.”

“You’re up next Vicar. Good luck!”


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that I went back to see if I'd missed reading any of last week's- this is great. Had me wondering where it was going to go mind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent piece as well. I like the juxtaposition of the down-to-earth alongside the slightly airy-fairy other-worldliness.
    Great entry.
    The illustration you have used reminds me of a picture I posted for a Photo Challenge a couple of months ago, entitled Hope!

    ReplyDelete