May 2, 2020

Ye Olde Tynder Ballade of Olden Tymes












Ho! Lustful yearnings unsatisfied in daily pursuit
Are made plentiful and mysterious in new manner offered.
Galleries of suitors doth present themselves for reckoning
With bold statements made of dragons slain and castles owned.

Left or right, ‘tis such a simple question.
How dost my mind twist and turn on this very notion?
Can one love be found or lost in such a casual manner?
Fie! What fate awaits an swipe of thoughtless speed?

My aspect concerns me greatly when seen thus,
Are mine features fine and fair or too plain for all?
The jester teases and tells of my beauty well regarded
But the jester plays not for likes and jest for lols.

The daily search for love’s sweet honey doth me consume.
Minded like a madness to find the deepest satisfaction,
And yet I only find knaves not knights, addled with pox and ailing.
Whither yon knights? Tarry sirrah, please do and rescue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment